Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 48, in Cleveland (and Lapeer, Michigan)



I give greetings to my new blog readers in Lapeer, Michigan. I had a wonderful visit in Lapeer and want to thank you for the kind welcome I received. My mom and I went to my old church, Trinity United Methodist Church, where I went as a child and youth and during my summers as a young adult. It was good to see some familiar faces. I was able to speak about our trip and about Youth for Christ at two services and met with individuals in the social hour between services. People were glad to hear what we’re doing. I was thankful for the sermon the pastor preached today. An equation the pastor gave us today was: “God’s power + our willingness to be used = needs fulfilled”. That’s a good reminder that God can use us in mighty ways if we trust in His strength to help us accomplish what He’s set before us. I had a nice meal with my mom after church, said my goodbyes and drove back to Cleveland. I turned in my rental car and biked back to the church where we’re staying which was ten miles away. I arrived at the church just in time to be shuttled to a picnic dinner at the beach on Lake Erie hosted by a small group at our host church. The food and fellowship was great. It was a great place to relax, have a swim, or just stand and watch the sunset.

2 comments:

Stephen Phillips said...

This is such a great trip! You'll smoke me when we go bike riding together at home though . . . we might just have to get out the badminton nets so I can settle the score.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom!

I just happened to read about your journey in the LA View. Wow. What an adventure. You have done so much with your life. And are doing so still. What a good news! Having been your teacher--even for just one year and so many years ago--I'm very proud of you.