Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 3, Twisp to Riverside, WA

Ride distance: 48 miles; ride time: 3:18; calories: 3075; ascent in feet: 4670. As you can see, we been doing lots of climbing and burning lots of calories. We try to meet our nutritional need s by eating lots of good food. This morning, the Baptist Church fed us pancakes and sausage to get us started. Pastor John Smith made the pancakes were were cooked to perfection. The ride today included another difficult climg over Loup Loup Pass. I got a late start due to a broken spoke nipple on my rear wheel about 2 minutes into the ride. Fortunately, I was able to use the spare wheel that I had brought along. Later in the day, I was able to get the original wheel fixed. I replaced the spoke nipple and my friend Paul Luedtke from Switzerland trued the wheel for me. It took me about 1 hour to catch up with the group shortly before reaching the top of the pass. This was a short day of riding. We arrived in the middle of the afternoon in Riverside and received a warm welcome from Pastor Rick and his wife Marilyn. After showers at the pastor's house, we went to Oman for a youth rally and dinner. After the rally, we were driven to the home of Bob and Hattie, our hosts. We were served some homemade apple pie which was delicious. We are blessed.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Tom,
Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not lose heart." We will pray for the winds to be at your back as you pedal to Bah Habah.
Yours in Christ,
Dale