Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle

Well, here I am in Seattle the night before our orientation. My wife and I had a great visit over the weekend with our son, Stephen. We've all been staying with Nancy's cousin's daughter and son-in-law, April and Aaron. They've been very kind hosts. Thanks to my son and a nice phone call from my daughter, I had a great Father's Day. We went to an awesome Sunday brunch at Ivars Salmon House in Seattle. What a place! The food was great although I ate far too much. We also were able to visit Stephen's Church, Seattle Community Church. Nancy and I were warmly received and even got to be helpers at our son's third grade classes that he teaches. Tomorrow, we leave for Anacortes. We're going to take the scenic route which will include a 20 minute ferry ride. I'm looking forward to meeting the other riders and support people. Our good friend, Bill Smith, will be a support person for the first two weeks of the ride so I will have one familiar face to see. I'll keep you posted as often as I'm able to get an internet connection. Stay tuned...

No comments: