Monday, June 9, 2008

Sierra Century

The Ride Across America starts in just one week and am I excited! It will be great to meet lots of new people, visit great places, see beautiful scenery, and share my faith in the Lord. I think this will be a time that I can reflect on my Christian faith and grow in the Lord. I did my last big tune-up ride on Saturday called the Sierra Century. It had lots of ups and downs. The total climb was 11,220 feet in 95 miles. According to my Garmin Edge 305, I burned a whopping 7,746 calories! The only bad part about the ride was the condition of the roads --they were pretty rough in places. My rear tire that I was planning to start the Trip Across America with has to be replaced due to excessive wear :( I imagine I'll be going through a few tires over the course of 4,295 miles.

No comments: